Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March

Life has been busy.

We had continuously sick kids.  We are still potty training.  Then we got through spring break, which we spent at home.  My work has picked up.  And we are still working on the bathroom.

Just thought I would give you some excuses for why I haven’t been posting lately.

We are also getting ready for our first family vacation that will happen in a couple of weeks.  Trying to make sure we have everything covered and are prepared as the four of us venture off across county, to include the first airplane ride for our 2 year old.  My main concern….car seats and food in the airport/plane.  What a pain.  Still haven’t quite figured out what I’m going to do there.

So the next few weeks I will be missing again.  Then I’m hoping life can get back to normal and I can get back to posting regularly.  On the bright side we should be moving along on our renovations and I’m itching to get sewing again.  I haven’t touched my sewing machine since the beginning of February.

Here are a few photos of what has been going on for the last month.

We are bribing to get the potty training accomplished.  He has been very slowly getting new tools every time he is successful.  Slowly because it hasn’t been too successful.

IMG_3165IMG_3167

He has been told he can not go into the bathroom.  But he desperately wants to help daddy, so he toes the line in order to help out.

IMG_3164

Here are some current pictures of the demolished bathroom.

IMG_3168IMG_3170

Jesse pretty much works on the bathroom in his spare time and the kids and I hang out nearby the action.

IMG_3178IMG_3179

I have my great grandmother’s old claw foot tub we plan to use in the bathroom.  Been doing a lot of research and trying to figure out if we should hire it out professionally to refinish, or if we should somehow tackle it ourselves.

IMG_3171

The porcelain finish is in excellent condition.  It just needs a good cleaning and maybe a new coat of white finish paint to give it a new fresh look.

IMG_3173

It even has the original faucets attached, although it remains to be seen if they still work.

IMG_3174

Lastly we have been trying to get out and enjoy the nice weather when it makes an appearance.

IMG_3181IMG_3182IMG_3183

Bella and I were lounging in the sun as the boys painted the bird house.

IMG_3185

No comments:

Post a Comment