Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Practicality

Life is all about balance and knowing when to give up.

This week was the last challenge for Project Sewn the “selfish sewing” challenge to make your own clothes. 

This week was Kids Clothes Week, where you are supposed to sew for your kids all week long.

There is only one week till Halloween and in my family that means busy making costumes.

We are going on a short vacation soon, which always means hectic days trying to get ready and then recouping afterwards.

We work and have kids.

So most of the things on the sewing list….are not going to get done.

I was going to recreate this vest for my signature project…..it will have to wait.

quilted vest

My son needs pants desperately, so I did manage to sneak in a couple of pairs of comfy pants out of old t-shirts and sweatshirts.  And when making your own, you can give comfy pants style.

IMG_2557IMG_2555IMG_2559IMG_2556IMG_2558

 

And I have been very busy on the sewing for Halloween front….no pictures to share yet…you will just have to wait until next week.

But in truth this week has mostly been dedicated to work and everyday life….and with a long list of to-do’s staring me in the face, I better get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment