Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Sly Plaid Fox

IMG_2268

It’s all about plaid this fall.  I wanted to make a “grandpa style” sweater with a little bit of plaid and a cute little fox.  This is what I came up with.

IMG_2278

This was the first time he had tried the shirt on, it needs a little adjustment…it’s a tad too big right now.

IMG_2253IMG_2274

I came up with the idea for the pants, knowing I wanted something to coordinate and also wanting to use up fabric I had on hand.

IMG_2251

I did use a pattern for the base of the pants.  I added the contrasting pockets and quilted knee pads.  If I could do things over, I would add a little extra width in the waist (I took too much out while adjusting for my skinny guy) and I placed the knee pads a little too low.

IMG_2250IMG_2280

This sly fox did not want his picture taken.

IMG_2261

He may have gotten fox and wolf confused…he kept wanting to howl at the moon.

IMG_2273

And with this senior picture pose…we say goodbye.

IMG_2271

3 comments:

  1. That shirt is too cute! Love the fox and all of your plaid placement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt really is adorable! Love that little fox poking out! Such a fun outfit!

    ReplyDelete