Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sewing for Boys

Today the temperature is supposed to be around 90 degrees.  It’s one of those days I look into my youngest child’s closet and realize I don’t really have many appropriate clothes for this upcoming season.  The good thing is that a few of the items he wore the last time it was warm, he can still fit into.  That makes me realize that his clothes can last a couple of seasons around here, which means I might be able to start making him things.

In looking around for inspiration ideas, I noticed I was leaning a little towards the Asian trend.  For some unknown reason, I really think the harlem pants for little boys are adorable.  I can’t wait to sew up a pair and see if I like them on Oliver.

harlem pants and t-shirtharlem pants

As far as shirts I have always been a fan of little polo shirts on boys.  Then again they get so dirty so quickly, that the staple around our house is t-shirts.  I think making a few sleeveless shirts for this summer would be a good idea.

polo shirtprinted tank top

I also have a sewing book from the library "Sewing for Boys", I have had it for many weeks and can’t seem to find the time to make anything from it.  I have renewed it a couple of times, and think that I have expired that option, so I really need to make something from it in the next week.  The pattern I am leaning towards making is called the Treasure Pocket Pants.  They have a large deep pocket for keeping all sorts of things in, I would like to make them into shorts, similar to this.

treasure pocket pants into shorts

Well that’s all for today.  Now to find the time to actually sew something!

No comments:

Post a Comment