Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Swim Suit Cover Up Makeover #2

Let's continue on with our "It's Beach Time" inspired closet makeovers.  Each day this week you will get to see something I have refashioned for our tropical vacation.

I showed you this maxi I had in my closet the other week.
IMG_1099
I was actually able to wear it when I was 9 months pregnant.  So it was time for a revamp.
This was my inspiration photo from pinterest.
backless maxi
So I went and picked up some trim from the fabric store to try my hand at changing the style.  I actually took in a few inches from the elastic around the waist band in both the front and the back of the dress.  Then I cut the length of the straps into 3 strips so I could braid them, and sewed then to the new trim detail in the back.
IMG_1186IMG_1188
What do you think?  Another good beach worthy improvement!
IMG_1099IMG_1182
Now wouldn’t these pictures look so much better on the beach?!

No comments:

Post a Comment