Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

DIY–Oh No

I think it’s time for our first installment of DIY Oh No.

Have you seen the craze all over the internet?  Painting the tips of your shoes.in either a metallic or bright neon color.

I had a pair of black pumps that I never wore.  I believe I got them on clearance.  The black ruffle was just wrong on me, so I chopped it off.

IMG_1127IMG_1129

Then I taped off the shoes so the toes were exposed and went at it with a spray can of gold.

Except the shoe fabric itself wouldn’t really take the paint.  And after 10 different applications, this is what I got.

IMG_1131

The spray paint had bled through to different parts of the shoe.

So I took a small piece of sand paper and attacked the misplaced paint.  I then re-taped them a little further back and tried the spray paint again.

Another 5 applications and this is what I got.

IMG_1133

You can tell the shoe on the left still has some problems.  I think I am going to have to try and touch it up with black paint…if I can.

All in all, if you are going to spray paint shoes, stick with patent leather ones!

IMG_1127IMG_1132

I might be able to pull them off if I am going out only at night where it will be dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment