Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Week 5

I did it again.

I switched up my inspiration photo from pinterest.  Sometimes events happen and you have to go with it.

This weekend was my niece’s birthday party.  We needed a gift, so I turned to my pinterest boards.  I couldn’t show this one ahead of time, or our families might have known what was coming.  So this one was a secret.

Here was the inspiration photo.  If you would like to purchase them you can go here to the seller's etsy account.

disney pictures

I decided this would be a great idea for a little girl who loves princesses and something I could create myself.

I actually googled images of the characters I wanted.  Printed them out, cut them out, traced around them on scrapbook paper, and then cut those images out.  These professional ones are made using a silhouette machine.  I’m not wanting to spend a bunch of money on that particular machine yet, so good ole scissors and an exacto knife where my tools of choice.

Here is how mine turned out.  I used pink paper because that was the birthday girl’s favorite color of course!

IMG_0899

I also made her two Disney princess headbands using this tutorial from Grosgrain.  They were super easy to follow.

IMG_0901

I was hoping to get a picture of the headbands on her head, but they were opened in a frenzy with lots of other gifts. I’m not really sure if the gifts were a big hit or not, for a seven year old they weren’t toys.  I can tell you the popular gift of the day seemed to be glow in the dark sidewalk chalk.

Hopefully she does like them will get use out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment