Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Pinterest Challenge–Week 1

Here is the inspiration photo I found.

repurpose sweater

I had this cardigan I bought a couple years ago.  I never wore it.  It didn’t have the greatest fit and something about the flower on the front, never really went with anything.

IMG_0741IMG_0743

And here it is after.

IMG_0795IMG_0798

Let’s get one more close up so you can see the print.

IMG_0790

I wanted a “sweatshirt” feel to the cut.  As you can tell, I actually switched the front and the back of the original sweater.  I like having the button details on the back, and that way I was able to reuse the neck and bottom banding of the original sweater without having a seam in the front.

But since the original front of the sweater had a lower neckline, I added a piece of fabric to the back as well.

It’s super comfortable and definitely a step up from the plain boring gray cardigan.

1 comment: