Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Metallic

This is a couple days late…but I’m finally getting around to it.

I like to watch the red carpet events for the award shows.  I might actually like the award shows themselves too, but I usually go to bed before they are over.  It's an early 5am wakeup call around our house.

So as I was watching this years Oscar red carpet the predominate thought in my mind was metallic.  Those dresses were everywhere.

I also love reading what peoples opinions on the best and worst dressed are, to see if they line up with my own opinion.

Here were mine.

Best dressed.

I am starting to learn that I love the designer Elle Saab, here is Sandra Bullock wearing Saab.  I love this dress.elle saab

I also think Jennifer Lawrence looked great.  She has one of the best personalities in Hollywood and it’s great to know that a little stumble won’t keep her down.  Plus if you have seen any of the coverage backstage with her and Jack Nicolson…I think it was one of the best moments of the whole show.

jennifer lawrence

I also liked Nicole Kidman’s dress, but I kind of wish the little bat like emblem in the front wasn’t there.

nicole kidman

Charlize Theron was stunning.  My husband thought she needed a necklace…I kind of agree.

s

I loved this dress on Stacy Keibler, but I just didn’t like the hair…It almost ruined the whole look for me.

staci keebler

Now for the not so greats.

If you take the sleeves and shoulder pads off, this dress would be gorgeous on Halle Berry.

halle berry

If you knew this dress was from H&M you would admit it looks good, but against all the other way more expensive dresses, it doesn’t stand up so great.  Plus it’s a little wrinkled.  Totally something I would do though, since I hate to iron.

helen hunt

As Reese Witherspoon was being interviewed on the red carpet, I just kept thinking that I really didn’t like this dress on her.  I can’t quite put my finger on it, something about the color and the black bow at the top just doesn’t work for me.

reese witherspoon

There have been mixed reviews on Anne Hathaway’s dress, but I am definitely on the “don’t like this one at all” side.  It just looks like a prom dress that teenagers would wear.

anne hathaway

I also wasn’t a fan of this dress on Zoe Saldana, just like most of the experts.  I actually didn’t mind the different shades of gray on the bottom if the top half had been plain white.  The flowers and belt made the whole thing look inexpensive.

zoe salanda

And my favorite quote of the night had to be about Hugh Jackman and his wife.  I couldn’t find a picture from this year’s Oscars…so this was from a couple years ago.

hugh jackman and wife

When I told my husband that this was actually his wife.

“Wow, he could have any woman he wanted.  Good for him for staying with it.”

Not quite sure if the it meant their marriage, or his wife.  Let’s hope for decency that he meant the marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment